Tuesday, January 14, 2014

#100happydays

Joy is essential.

That's been a mantra of mine for years. I find that it makes decisions for me in a heartbeat. The first instinct is often the right one, then logic steps in. "Is it fun?", If the answer to that is a "yes", I catch myself very often jumping on the boat even before I have time to strap on a life vest. Then again, sometimes to really enjoy the ride, you need to let yourself free. Leave the insurance at home. 

#100happydays is a brilliant lil' idea that a website began challenging readers, bloggers, face bookers and just about anyone with a gram of technology, to participate in something that seems fairly simple at first glance. "Can you stay happy for 100 days?". Even for an eternal optimist like me, it didn't seem fundamentally possible for a human being to be in a state of nothing but joy for 100 straight days. I haven't participated in this "challenge", but in my own lil way i think i've consciously begun to think of the little things that will make me, better still, keep me happy.

This isn't about just staying in a state of drug infused state of happiness per say. It's about acknowledging the fact that your boss may scream at you, your kids might talk back to you, you might suffer an injury, you wife might cheat on you...or worse...you might get caught when you're trying to take a #100happydays picture while you're the one cheating on your wife..! Whichever side of the fence you're on, the idea is to be able to find that one small thing in that day which does put a smile on your face. And that I think is very doable. 

In an internet movement where strangers share photos of embracing a friend after years, or catching up with someone over a cup of coffee, or if it's my silver shoes, I find that the hashtag directs me mostly to cakes, pasties and food! It's strange how much happiness seems to come to people around food! More often than not, the # is accompanied by #leavethediet #100happydays essentially pointing to the fact that its become part of our ecosystem to constantly put off doing something that we love because it has consequences we do not want. Diet-health-vanity you get the picture. If Delayed gratification had an era dedicated to it, this is probably it!

In a larger space of universal energy, I love that there are a billion or so people in the world EVERYDAY who go out and give the universe a slight signal of happiness. If the universe is listening, if even ever so slightly, i think we're in for a good year! 

2 comments:

Meenakshi888 said...

#100happydays love it! i m on

pg slot said...

ninja slot เกมสล็อต แบบเกมออนไลน์ที่มีผู้ล่นสนใจ และก็อยากได้เข้ามาสมัครเล่นเกมคาสิโนออนไลน์มากขึ้นวันแล้ววันเล่า ซึ่งหากคุณพอใจต้อง pg slot ของเราเท่านั้น มั่นคงปลอดภัย

Subscribe!