I was chatting with a dear old friend of mine..who's parents are hell bent on finding her a match. Ofcourse...they have to find a whole other set of parents who'll be willing to take a bride...who's already married...and to make matters worse...to a tree! She's Manglik ofcourse.
Yes, I know Aishwarya Rai comes to mind because she had to marry a peepal tree...before she became the Bachchan bahu. But isn't she Mrs Peepal first!!?
Here our some questions we came up with..in this conversations about trees, peepal, people and ofcourse strange peepal people.
1) Why a tree?
2) Why a peepal tree?
3) Does the marriage stand 'null and void' in law, if the tree is not peepal?
4) Who was the smart ass who said...any other tree is just not good enough!
5) Doesnt a peepal tree in Hindu philosophy denote a Saadhu..who is NOT SUPPOSED TO MARRY TO BEGIN WITH!
6) What happens if the tree you're marrying is already married to someone else?!
7) How come its always the girl who has gotta do this?
8) How come no other religion has mangliks.. or do they call it something else and marry people off to canisters, garbage cans, coconuts, sheep, crabs and toilet bowls?!
9) A marriage stands to be annulled if not consummated right...? Do they expect you to 'do it' with a tree while your human husband- to -be watches and waits his turn!!!!
10) I'm sure you have a question or two!!